Tuesday, September 17, 2013

65 Mets Leaders / 66 Fantazy Cards

_____________________1965 Mets Team Leaders___________________

Ed Kranepool? Really? Congratulations Mr. Kranepool. A .253 average nets you team leader. I don't know if I could have followed the team these barren years. You older Met fans who stuck with the team before 1969, I tip my hat to you all.
Rocky with 19 kaBOOMS in his rookie year. That's the most he ever hit in one season. The Mets waited for the sometime slugger to become a steady slugger. They were very patient with the outfielder, even trying him at first base for a time. Swoboda's .228 average in 1965 was pathetic even by 1965 Mets team leader standards. But the Mets would have been happy if he could have hit 19 HRs every year.

Kool, Charlie Smith at the Sadecki Spot.

Johnny Lewis always has that same expression. Look at him on the "BATTING" card.
Ha! Messin' with ya. It's the same pic, different backgrounds. As a matter of fact, only two of the player images used have their original backgrounds.

Now look at Spahn. That background: field, fence, scoreboard, is from the colorization of Jim Bunnings perfect game. I did that on a whim and now I'm kicking myself for not making his regular '65 fantazy card look that way. I might go back and do that.

I know the scoreboard slideshow was kaput by 1965 but still they managed to get Al Jackson up there one more time for his fantazy card.


No comments:

Post a Comment