Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Sy Berger & the '67mfc Tom, Tommy, Tommie Reynolds.


A fond farewell to Sy Berger, the creator of the modern day baseball card. Picturing him in his kitchen in 1951 with colored paper, cut outs, and scissors making the '52 Topps set is a trip to say the least. To say the most, heeeeere's Keith:

I have the regular, more than likely more circulated Tom Reynolds (Tom, space,space,space, Reynolds, space, dot, position, dash, position) in my Mets baseball card collection. I imagine the one that still has traces of the "MIE" showing is the rarest. 

A regular 'ol Tom Reynolds (big space, no trace) is good enough for my collection.
Tom Reynolds 1967 Topps Card



I was remiss in not having a Reynolds of any Tom on my '67mfc page, so I'll correct that error now.
'67mfc Tommie Reynolds

This Tommie Reynolds card has been added to the 67 mfc's.


Thanks to Keith Olbermann for bringing the Reynolds variations to my attention.
Thanks to Sy Berger for making a segment of my childhood an adventure in baseball cards that continues still. 

In case I don't post before, have a Happy Chanukah and a very Merry Christmas everyone!


2 comments:

  1. Nice Tomme Reynolds card!
    finally a new player card
    I love all of your posts but the World series cards
    are taking forever,LOL
    I can't wait for the '74 missing player cards
    and really looking forward to your versions of '75 - '77
    would it be possible for you to at least feature a player card to
    look forward to each week?

    Happy Holidays to you and your family

    Thanks,
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Pat :), happy holidays to you and yours.
      You're absolutely right, I've been dragging my feet on this blog. I should make some card posts in between, while I prepare the WS cards pages and other special stuff. I'll try Pat, but I doubt I'll be doing anything extra until after the holidays. I will try to make one more post before Christmas with a peek at some future mfc cards.

      Have a safe holiday my friend :)

      Delete