Saturday, January 10, 2015

>>>>>>>>>>>'86mfc Diamond King Dwight Gooden


While I procrastinate over starting the pages for the last two games of the 1973 World Series  (spoiler, we lose) I'll continue to throw some stuff up. I did a drawing of Dwight Gooden and tried to get him to sign it at Shea back in 1988. Good story there, but I won't bore you with it now. Bottomline, Doc did not sign it.



 I recently came across a giant sized 1986 Donruss Diamond King Dwight Gooden. I had the card once but I had forgotten all about it. I forgot all about those Topps & Donruss jumbos in the mid 80's. Cards from the 80's are nostagic to me now. Yikes, I'm getting old. Oh, back to the Diamond King. Now that I make custom cards it occurred to me right away to put one of my drawings on a Diamond King when I was reminded of that Perez classic.

Donruss/Diamond King/ Dwight Gooden : Dick Perez


I colorized the drawing and popped it into the DK border. Doing a DK card is a personal fantasy come true for me. I envied Perez having that gig. I even borrowed his layout of big portrait, small action shot. But we all did that & I doubt he was the first. I drew up a bunch of players back in those days.


_______________________________________________________________


Coming up, hopefully before next season starts, games 6 & 7 of the 1973 World Series.
I thought I'd be more into this blog in the off season. Maybe this is just a reflection of how boring the Mets off season has been so far. Cuddyer was nice, but we need another piece.
Pump me up Sandy! Make a move!

4 comments: