Wednesday, August 5, 2015

>>>>>>>New York Takes it to Miami!




 Jonathan Niese (6-9) pitched a great game. The tall lefty allowed one run and four hits in seven innings for the N.L. East leading Mets. New York has won 5 games in a row, erasing an early deficit to beat the Miami Marlins 5-1.







Everybody hit in this one, thebiggest strokes coming from Campbell, Tejeda and Lagares. And there was this fantastic slide by Wilmer. I must commend his running. I've never seen him move like that. 

Photography by Joe Skipper, Steve Mitchell, & SNY
_______________________________________________________________

NEW YORK MAKES ANOTHER TRADE
The Mets have traded a player to be named later to the Athletics for lefty reliever Eric O'Flaherty, the Mets announced after Tuesday's victory.
If you find yourself wondering how a trade could happen since the non-waiver deadline is July 31, here's an explanation as to how trades work in August.

O'Flaherty, 30, is familiar with the NL East, having spent 2009-13 with the Braves. He was outstanding in his time there, too, pitching to a 1.99 ERA and 1.16 WHIP. He was one-third of the deadly back-end trio of O'Flaherty, Jonny Venters and Craig Kimbrel.
O'Flaherty had Tommy John surgery in 2013 and returned late last season with Oakland. He was productive, with a 2.25 ERA, 0.95 WHIP and 15 strikeouts against four walks in 20 innings.

By Matt Snyder | Baseball Writer

______________________________________________________________


Mets: 3B David Wright (back) participated in a workout before he begins a rehab assignment with Class A St. Lucie. ''He hit today, he ran, threw, caught grounders, absolutely looked great,'' Mets manager Terry Collins said. ''Really looked good. He hit some balls hard.''

______________________________________________________________
My sincerest sympathies to the family and friends of 
Kaiser Carlile. This is so sad. 


I don't mean to make light of this tragedy by making a memorium card. I just felt I had to do something in Kaiser's memory. I can express myself in words instead of images. If this is considered inappropriate I will remove it, but I can assure you that this one was done from the heart.

"I just want everyone to know there is no kind of remorse or 

anger towards what happened. This is something that was a 

tragedy," 

Chad Carlile, father of 9-year-old batboy Kaiser Carlile, said 

at a news conference dotted with tears and 

nostalgic laughter. "I've got my loss with my son, but it's just 

as hard for them."

"I was able to see their eyes and the love they had for my

 son, it was no different than a father's love," he said.


"He was competitive, but in the same breath, he cared about 

everyone," Carlile said in his off-the-cuff remarks. "That's

what it is, it's the love that he had for the game." 

                                                                          Chad Carlile

"We just lost a little, 9 year old Bee Jay, and it's incredibly sad. No one wrote us a book to tell us how to do this. We're just dealing with it the best way we know how."
                                                                                 Michael Carlile

Put in that situation I don't think I could be half the man Chad Carlile is. My heart goes out to Mr. Carlile and his family.  


2 comments:

  1. Nice tribute card for Kaiser
    Such a sad thing to happen
    Deepest sympathies to his family

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Patrick. Nice to hear from you.

      Delete