Sunday, October 4, 2015

mfc>>>The Regular Season Comes To A Close


This wacky, incredible, ridiculously amazin' and finally fulfilling regular season (weather willing) comes to an end today. What a long strange trip it's been.

And look who's #1!

If you've been following this blog for a while then you know I have steered somewhat off course.

My first Fantazy Card
I was marching up through time telling the New York Mets club history with custom made baseball cards. If you remember I started this blog back in 2013 as a distraction because I was not happy with the current state of affairs with my favorite team.

I never intended to make current cards here. In 2014 I did a Season Set and those cards were displayed on a separate blog. For that project I made at least one card for each game. That was fun but I got a bit burnt out on it at the season's close.


At the beginning of this season I did say I would make current cards for notable games and player accomplishments. I figured I'd be able to make 20- 30 cards. And then  this season happened. This wacky season. As of this writing there are 205 Season Set cards with more coming up before the playoffs.

And you can't say this isn't Metropolitan history.
I left off on game 7 of the 1973 World Series and that page has yet to be completed. And that can wait.
......wait for it.
First we will have NLDS cards! We might have NLCS cards.
And if we're really fortunate, World Series cards!!!
I'll return to the 1973 World Series this offseason.


For now I will totally enjoy being distracted by the 2015 National League New York Mets.

__________________________________________

Mets great Rusty Staub suffered a heart attack the other day. He is said to be recuperating nicely.
GET WELL SOON RUSTY!!




_______________________________

I'll stick this one down here and maybe no one will see it.
I have to add that it was a magnificent performance.


^That's NYM-SS card #206!^

Next up will be cards commemorating the Mets clinching game vs. the Reds. I know these are late but things have been happening so fast I have to play catchup.

LETS GO METS!!

No comments:

Post a Comment