Thursday, September 29, 2016

FAMILIA SAVES HIS 50th!!!-The mfc Familia Collection.

I consider this an amazing accomplishment. Familia is the first Mets closer to save 50 games in one season. From the seasons start he saved 36 in a row. If you put 2015 and 2016 back to back Jeurys strung together 52 consecutive closings!  I never thought I'd see the day a Metropolitan saved 50.

I've done all the things on my bucket list that I could (I'm a simple man). All that's left on the list are things I want the Mets to do, and I'll gleefully and gratefully cross that one off the list.

mfc Familia's Fiftieth season highlight card printing plate #1 
The mfc Familia Collection.

Familia wasn't supposed to be our closer in 2015. Jenrry Mejia was. We all know how that went, I won't repost the dunce card. And then Jeurys stepped in, stepped up, and has become the best closer in the game. But going into 2015 I didn't know who our closer was going to be after the Mejia banning. 



Familias picked up his 3rd save of 2015 in that wacky Harvey night game against the Phils.



This one went to 11.





_________________________

Post Season














________________















_______________________























I hear tell we could clinch something by the end of the week. 
Shhhhhh. One day at a time.




No comments:

Post a Comment