Sunday, September 25, 2016

This Week In Mets Fantasy Cards Cards-& a Three Amigos mfc Pocket poster!


The Three Amigos!
mfc's new 2016 Pocket Poster!
Inspired by Greg Prince of Faith and Fear in Flushing
Motivated by Asdrubal Cabrera.
Greg suggested it before the walk-off, and if Cabrera didn't do what he did
I doubt very much if this would exist. I would have been bummed.
What a colossal homer! What a freakin' awesome bat flip!



That was the high point. Lets backtrack.
Remember this?!








Hey folks, I think we got us some playahs!






















____________








The Mets just completed a 17-0 victory over the Phillies at Citi Field, in their last home game of the regular season. Here are some fun facts inspired by the final score of the game:

>Today's game was the 12th time that the Mets have scored 17 or more runs in a game, and the fifth time that the Mets scored exactly that amount. Before today, the last time the Mets scored this many runs was in a 17-1 win over the Cubs at Wrigley Field on June 27, 2012.

>It's the most lopsided shutout win in Mets history, but not the biggest margin of victory that the Mets have ever had. That record was set on May 26, 1964, when the Mets beat the Cubs 19-1, also at Wrigley Field.

>The biggest previous shutout wins were 14-0, which happened twice: July 29, 1965 against the Cubs (at Wrigley Field!) and April 19, 1998 against the Reds at Riverfront Stadium.

>This ties the record for most runs ever scored by the Mets in a home game. On July 8, 2006 they defeated the Marlins 17-3 at Shea Stadium.

>The Mets are 12-0 in games in which they've scored 17 or more runs.

Cards for this game will be added shortly



Sunset sky version.
This is the sky over NY as broadcast by SNY last week.
What an awesome and beautiful sunset.


______________________________________________________






I was going to write up this post today while watching the game. But when I heard the news about Jose Fernandez I just couldn't get into it. It's very rare when I see an opposing player and decide that I can be a fan. There must be a certain level of respect involved, and watching Jose pitch he got that from me. But there must be more, and he was so much more. What I noticed the most was how much fun he was having out there. Always smiling. His enthusiasm for the game was on display on his sleeve every time I saw Fernandez on the mound. The thought actually occurred to me once, as it usually does when I covet another teams player : I hope the Mets can get this guy someday. He has such a promising future.
Only 24 years old.

Like Keith said, "Kiss your loved ones, call your loved ones, because life can be cutoff."
"Cutoff" might have been a harsh word to have used, but that's the reality of it.

I will complete this post over the next few days as well as make some additions later tonight. Some text/info and some cards for todays record setting shellackin' of the Phils. That was so incredible. I had a hard time getting into the game, but I had no problem enjoying it.

LETS GO METS!
Bring it home on the road!



Another gigantic loss.
Aside from our Mets
this has been a horrible day.

I discovered Arnold Palmer long before I discovered golf.


Arnold Palmer photo by the great Neil Leifer

No comments:

Post a Comment