Tuesday, April 18, 2017

2017mfc Jacob deGrom


I ran into this photo on-line yesterday and it screamed " MAKE ME A CARD!"
The photograph (by Wilfredo Lee) reminded me so much of the 1989 Upper Deck Nolan Ryan card.


I'll never forget the thrill I got when I cracked a 1989 Upper Deck High Number foil pack (like Topps update) and saw the Ryan. Nolan was tossing a football! Ryan did this in his pre-game workouts at the suggestion of his pitching coach Tom House. Did it help? Who knows. I would think if it did any good pitchers would all be tossing the pigskin during pregame workouts.

Many have argued the merits of this type of workout for a pitcher, but not me. I don't care if it helped or not. It was Nolan Ryan throwing a football! On a baseball card!

And now we have Jacob deGrom, running a football cross field!
It doesn't get any cooler than that.


No comments:

Post a Comment